guidance / direction needed for Socialprofile site

13 years 3 months ago #147826 by doitsolutions
Hello,

I have installed CB abd CBSubs. I have read through pages upon pages of the well written and comprehensive manuals and I am on my way to setting up the site I am working on.

However, I still have much more to read (haven't even gotten to the CBTEAM plugins part yet). Could I please ask for a general point in the right direction with any of the things I am trying to do below :) Please read below to see what I am trying to do and offer any direction you think might be useful (eg. plugins that should be used, or other online guides that are more specific to setting up a site like this).

(Skim read this if you like)
I am trying to set up a site with these features:

* Users can sign up as a model or an agent (looking for models), both types get a user profile page.
(Installing CB allowed me to get a basic profile page working)

* Paid and free subscriptions are to be available but different plans for Models as opposed to Agents.
(I installed CB Subs, but I am having trouble finding out how to show only Agent plans on one page and Models plans on another.)

* Models are supposed to be able to upload a certain number of photos to a gallery on their profile depending on their subscription. (I saw the gallery plugin for by CBSubs TEAM, I assume I can use this but is there a better option?)

* Model's Galleries need all be viewable and searchable by age range of model (kids through to adults etc). I can not find a pluging for this.

* Agents need to be able to list Modelling opportunities on a page and be contacted by Models. (I assume I can to this through a forum locked down by CB Subs? or a fancy article submission page under a category that shows on an opportunities page?

*Ideally Models and Agents should be able to PM each other, but the number of PMS could be limited by their plan (like a dating site) that would be increadible, is this possible?

Thank you in advance for any guidance.
Again, if you know of any guide for any / some of these things that will save me reading the whole rest of all the documentation for all possible facets of the CB Subs system. A simple point in the right direction with some of these will be a HUGE help and may help others reading this in the future.

Thank you,

Michael A.

Post edited by: doitsolutions, at: 2010/12/06 05:50

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #147848 by doitsolutions
Replied by doitsolutions on topic Re:guidance / direction needed for Socialprofile site
Sorry, I am new here. Please move this to the relevant section where people might be able to help with this.
Thanks,

Michael A.

13 years 3 months ago #147855 by doitsolutions
Replied by doitsolutions on topic Re:guidance / direction needed for Socialprofile site
Wow, reading through the restr of the documentation. Lol I actually found these words:
"(example paid agency plan subscribers can see the model availability tab)" ( Page 299 of CB Subs manual)

A very relevent example for me :)

Still going, please any guidance will be apprecieated. I am learning EVERYTIHING yet I only need to use specific parts of this stuff.

Michael A.

13 years 3 months ago #147867 by nant
I see that you have reached the use case examples section in the CBSubs documentation - great!

I will try to address as much as possible.

I am trying to set up a site with these features:

* Users can sign up as a model or an agent (looking for models), both types get a user profile page.
(Installing CB allowed me to get a basic profile page working)

* Paid and free subscriptions are to be available but different plans for Models as opposed to Agents.
(I installed CB Subs, but I am having trouble finding out how to show only Agent plans on one page and Models plans on another.)

You will most likely need to create 2 mutually exclusive lifetime (or other duration) free (or paid) parent plans, one for models and one for agents. This way a new user needs to right off the bat decide if they are creating a model account or a agent account. I would not permit upgrading between these plans. This way once an account is created as a model (or agent) the account will remain this way for ever. You can then create child paid plans for each of these 2 parent plans that could provide extra privileges for more money.

* Models are supposed to be able to upload a certain number of photos to a gallery on their profile depending on their subscription. (I saw the gallery plugin for by CBSubs TEAM, I assume I can use this but is there a better option?)

Yes you can do this with CB Gallery as it has a very powerful and flexible quota system in place that you can manipulate using the CB fields integration plugin.

* Model's Galleries need all be viewable and searchable by age range of model (kids through to adults etc). I can not find a pluging for this.

The CBSubs tab/fields protect plugin can handled this. You need to study the manual to understand how powerful this one is.

* Agents need to be able to list Modelling opportunities on a page and be contacted by Models. (I assume I can to this through a forum locked down by CB Subs? or a fancy article submission page under a category that shows on an opportunities page?

Forum solution is one option.
You might also want to look at the Incubator projects available - perhaps the CB Blog plugin can be of use to you also (this way you do not have to give author privileges to agents to post articles).

*Ideally Models and Agents should be able to PM each other, but the number of PMS could be limited by their plan (like a dating site) that would be increadible, is this possible?

I do not believe there exists such a feature (limiting number of PMs) in any of the Joomla PMS extensions - CBSubs cannot magically add such a feature to other extensions.

Thank you in advance for any guidance.
Again, if you know of any guide for any / some of these things that will save me reading the whole rest of all the documentation for all possible facets of the CB Subs system. A simple point in the right direction with some of these will be a HUGE help and may help others reading this in the future.

Thank you,

Michael A.

Post edited by: doitsolutions, at: 2010/12/06 05:50

I hope this helps - this request and the response I have given is really a consultancy job.

13 years 3 months ago #147888 by doitsolutions
Hello Nant,

Thank you for your response.

The information you have provided will be very usefull to me. I am now looking in to CB Blog and CB Gallery as per your post. Much appreciated!. :)

this request and the response I have given is really a consultancy job

I like to think of it as post sales service. I am new here, I only just subscribed and paid. This kind of pointer in the right direction regarding what your products (that I just bought) can do for me is just what I needed.

This experience is now what has helped make CB SUBS (and CB) a great solution for me.

Thanks again,

Michael A.

13 years 3 months ago #147904 by nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn