Fields Tab Protect fine tuning

14 years 9 months ago #103016 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Fields Tab Protect fine tuning
My mistake, upgrade didn't take on plugin. :blush:

"For Profile Owner Himself" is working fine. Does the user happen to have the subscription you set in "A. Availability depending on profile Owner's subscriptions". If so then that will basically override "For Profile Owner Himself" and allow the user to see and use his own tab (but no one else can see except those with the agency subscription or moderators/admins).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #103100 by ronsta
Replied by ronsta on topic Re:Fields Tab Protect fine tuning
Hi krileon,

krileon said:
"For Profile Owner Himself" is working fine.

It's not working for me which is why I started the thread.

krileon said:
Does the user happen to have the subscription you set in "A. Availability depending on profile Owner's subscriptions".

Yes, they are part of that subscription, but they still don't see the tab in their own profile.

ronsta said:
The controls "For Other Viewers" works correctly, however, no matter what I set under "For Profile Owner Himself" nothing changes.

So what I am getting at the moment is that Plan A gets the tab on their profile, but the owner of the profile (in Plan A) can't see it. <-- this is the problematic part

Post edited by: ronsta, at: 2009/06/25 05:47

Post edited by: ronsta, at: 2009/06/25 05:47

14 years 9 months ago #103129 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Fields Tab Protect fine tuning
Ok, was able to get your desired results with the following:
A. Tab availability by Owner's Subscriptions
Yes, CB subs control detailed tab access

1) For other viewers
Owner Plans controlling tab available in profile: Select plan

2) For Profile owner himself
Still Available for Profile Owner himself: Yes: owner's tab available for profile owner
Owner plans controlling tab editable (none means not controlled): Select plan

B. Tab visibility by Viewer's Subscriptions
Yes, viewer's CB subs control tab visibility

1) For other viewers
Viewer Plans controlling tab visibility by viewer (none means not controlled): Select plan

Still Viewable for Profile Owner himself: No: profile owner himself is also restricted

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 9 months ago #103220 by ronsta
Replied by ronsta on topic Re:Fields Tab Protect fine tuning
hi Krileon,

Thank you for the suggestion of using the "CB subs control detailed tab access"

In order to get my desired outcome I had to set as follows:

A. Tab availability by Owner's Subscriptions
Yes, CB subs control detailed tab access

1) For other viewers
Owner Plans controlling tab available in profile: Plan A

• Still Available for Profile Owner himself: No, profile owner is also restricted
  • Owner plans controlling tab editable (none means not controlled): Plan A

B. Tab visibility by Viewer's Subscriptions
Yes, viewer's CB subs control detailed tab visibility

1) For other viewers
  • Viewer Plans controlling tab visibility by viewer (none means not controlled): Plan B
  • Viewer Plans controlling tab searchable (none means not controlled): Plan B
Still Viewable for Profile Owner himself: Yes, profile owner can still view his own tab

Following this little exercise I would probably say that the CBSubs documentation is not quite accurate about setting things up this way.

Given the great work you guys have done with CB and CBsubs, I would be happy to return the favour and help you with that when I have finalised my site.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn