Virtuemart Integration

14 years 8 months ago #103574 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Virtuemart Integration
The plugin does not transfer name, etc.. at this time. It's sync ability was intended to be used to ensure no errors happened upon updating a users groups.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #109613 by kenlyle
Replied by kenlyle on topic Re:Virtuemart Integration
That stinks.

As far as the user is concerned, they gave us that information once, and if we want to represent that we have some kind of relationship with them, we are supposed to not ask them again for information that they have already given us.

Is there a better answer now, two months later? I am using the latest of Subs/CB and VM, and, upon checkout the user's address information is not being transferred.

This would be nice. Even if it's wrong, like it's a personal address, and they are ordering for work, and the user has to correct it...looks nicer and friendlier than blanks.

Thanks,
K

14 years 6 months ago #109633 by krileon
Again, the sync feature is simply in place to prevent errors. BASIC information is transfered but as you said address is not as this is not in the code.

I have developed a plugin that will push all this data to VM (independent of CBSubs, but is a CB plugin). However, it is available to beta subscribers only (on my site), which you can subscribe to if you so choose.

I do believe it's planned to add this functionality, but it is low on priority atm.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #109637 by kenlyle
Replied by kenlyle on topic Re:Virtuemart Integration
Thanks. I joined your site, and have installed Invites and Blogs. Haven't installed the VM plugin yet, but looking forward to having that bit resolved.

This VM plugin of yours is independent of and in no way conflicts with the Subs plugin, and both can be installed at the same time, right? Just confirming...I've already installed it, actually.

I've done the field mapping in the plugin, but when I enter an address in VM during checkout, it's not being synchronized to CB, even after I finish the order.

I'm not clear on the setting for the Shopper Group in your plugin...I guess that's in case the record doesn't exist in VM, so I selected "default".

When I update my Profile from the frontend, then go to buy something, VM doesn't have the information I just put in.

In fact, I can see in the order history the address I entered in the previous order, but not only does it not get copied to CB during or after the order (per the above) ...VM doesn't remember my address...OK, I see what happened...When I updated my profile, it was mostly blank. I filled in only the address field on the Additional Information tab, the rest of those fields were blank. For some reason, your plugin appears to have overwritten the real, complete data that I entered in my previous order with blanks/nulls, including the name fields, which are required, therefore, VM is not pulling up that partial address.

I have First, Middle, and Last Names mapped straight across in your plugin, so can't see anything obviously wrong...

I am sure that there's a simple explanation, maybe even user error...

Thanks,
Ken

Post edited by: kenlyle, at: 2009/08/30 05:14

Post edited by: kenlyle, at: 2009/08/30 05:21

14 years 6 months ago #109641 by krileon
Please ask for support on my development on my site. I will not be providing support for personal work here (we do require a support subscription, but if you feel this is a bug you can post so in my forums).

A few tips however, disable sync in the cbsubs VM plugin. Enable sync in my plugin. Ensure the correct fields are selected. Please note you can not use the CBSubs fields that show up in the field list! They're not actual fields and will result in NULL. The fields need to be actual fields from Field Management that users can fill with data. The best usage is sync on registration and on update then have those fields at registration, this will keep those users synced to VM properly with their profile data.

This can also be done using SQL Actions plugin and simply using queries to pass users data to VMs database. ;)

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/08/30 05:35

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn