Hidden plans showing from link in content control!

14 years 8 months ago #105891 by AdvisorProducts
I setup read access restrictions on much of the content on our site, which works fine. If you try to access the restricted content, it shows the intro (but not the title for some reason) and a that (by default) says "To read more, a subscription is needed: Click here to subscribe." When the link is clicked, it results in a registration page that shows all plans - even hidden ones.

This is a serious problem as there are vendor and free access plans that should not be accessible - i.e. people who should have to pay will be able to get a free subscription.

Anyone have any ideas?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #105892 by AdvisorProducts
Replied by AdvisorProducts on topic Re:Hidden plans showing from link in content control!
I found this in the UI:

Propose spontaneously plan at registration: No:vhide this plan from registration, unless included in URL or needed for access

Is it showing because of that last part? If so, how do I create a hidden plan to grant access to restricted content that is only accessible via URL?

14 years 8 months ago #105900 by krileon
You can't. You can make it backend only, but then won't be accessible by a link.

If the location needs a plan that you have prevented from displaying. It will display it UNLESS it is set to show in backend only.

As far as your content article issues. Go to Settings for CBSubs; navigate to integrations tab followed by content tab and set articles to hide entirely.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 8 months ago #105904 by AdvisorProducts
Replied by AdvisorProducts on topic Re:Hidden plans showing from link in content control!
Thanks for the quick answer. I'm going to post this as a suggested enhancement in the proper forum.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn