Open User Profile in New Tab

14 years 1 month ago #125858 by coachnet
Open User Profile in New Tab was created by coachnet
HI,

For example on this Find a Life Coach page, if you click on one of the coaches, the menu in the top nav bar disappear...

I'm hoping for one or both of these solutions to be possible:
1. Is it possible to configure CB Subs so that when clicking on a user's avatar or name, it opens their profile in a new window?
2. Is it possible to configure CB Subs so that when clicking on a user's avatar or name, the modules (especially the menu) is retained.

Thanks as always!
Renee

Renee Hasseldine
CoachNetwork Founder
Life Coaches | Business Coaches | Executive Coaches

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #125884 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Open User Profile in New Tab
CBSubs does not handle such scenarios. CBSubs is designed for subscription based usage. If you wanted users to have a subscription to SEE avatars then this is very doable, but what you're wanting would need a custom CB plugin or possibly modification to the core code, sorry.

Please see tutorials in signature for trigger usage as you'd want to use triggers in a CB Plugin instead of having to "hack" the core code (unsupported).

Userlists links are generated with JS so can't be changed as far as I am aware via CB template easily. You could try editing your template and surrounding the content with a html link and this might give you the result you're wanting.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/04 16:21

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 month ago #125940 by coachnet
Replied by coachnet on topic Re:Open User Profile in New Tab

Please see tutorials in signature for trigger usage as you'd want to use triggers in a CB Plugin

Hi Kyle,

Unfortunately writing a plugin is WAY beyond my ability. Has anyone else done this that might be able to share?

I definitely don't want to hack core code. Just have the profiles open without the user getting lost - surely others have had the same need?

Thanks,
Renee

Renee Hasseldine
CoachNetwork Founder
Life Coaches | Business Coaches | Executive Coaches

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn