Changing link of GroupJive Categorie overview menu

14 years 5 months ago #116027 by chezpaul
Sorry to ask so many questions... :(
How can I change the link to a GJ Category overview ?
Right now it's going to index.php?option=com_groupjive but I can't edit that in the menu settings...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #116028 by Rapunzl
You either have to choose exterior link and put the link in manually or you'll have to choose one of the given links for automatic entry. I'm not sure that answers your question, since you don't explain what you're trying to do.
:huh:

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 5 months ago #116037 by chezpaul
Thanks for helping out.
Let me try to explain

When you create a menu with a GroupeJive Category overview, that menu goes to a page x that offers a link to go to page y.

I really don't need to go to page x. Seems like a waste of space. I want to go directly to page y (which is the page with the list of groups).

So I'm trying to change the link in the GroupeJive Category overview menu to have me go directly to page y.

Did that help ?
I'll try an external link... Might work.

14 years 5 months ago #116038 by chezpaul
I confirm, the external link works but now I don't have a menu that goes to GroupJive Category Overview and it says that it's mandatory... So what happens if I don't have one ? :evil:

14 years 5 months ago #116061 by krileon
chezpaul wrote:

I confirm, the external link works but now I don't have a menu that goes to GroupJive Category Overview and it says that it's mandatory... So what happens if I don't have one ? :evil:

Create an overview menu link on a menu whos module is not published. This will allow the menu to exist, but not be in use.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 months ago #116101 by chezpaul
Cool, thanks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn