Known incompatibilities with other modules?

14 years 5 months ago #116663 by corbin1
Hello,

i'm not speaking of modules to be integrated in CB / Groupjive but modules classically integrated in Joomla.

particularly JCeditor - jevents - allvideos reloaded - polls (i have not tested any poll, so ...)

(i think i read JCeditor is integrated ?)

Post edited by: corbin1, at: 2009/11/11 19:19

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #116677 by ckayfish
Replied by ckayfish on topic Re:Known incompatibilities with other modules?
What is the question? What joomla modules are incompatible with.... what? Incompatible with CB I think you are asking, but then you say not integrated with CB so it is unclear what you are looking for here.

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.
My Opensource CB Plugins: Mutual Connections and MYCB Cookie available here

14 years 5 months ago #116702 by corbin1
well,

i presume that when we install components, modules and so on some files are modified.

Two components, modules, ... can modify the same file ... and the installation of the second one can (?) suppress the modification of the previous one;
so, there is a conflict

i have CB and groupjive and i'd like install jevents - allvideos reloaded - and one poll (don't know which one) without integrating them (anyway, i think it's not possible ?)

about the question about integration, i found your previous answer www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,111936/catid,105/+Integration+with+GroupJive&cd=19&hl=fr&ct=clnk&gl=fr
there is none, except Kunena

14 years 5 months ago #116748 by ckayfish
Replied by ckayfish on topic Re:Known incompatibilities with other modules?
corbin1 wrote:

well,
i presume that when we install components, modules and so on some files are modified.

Two components, modules, ... can modify the same file ... and the installation of the second one can (?) suppress the modification of the previous one;
so, there is a conflict

No they should not. Each module and component you install should not touch each others files. Sometimes a module may use a configuration file from a component, but it will not over-write it as they are designed to work together, usually from the same developer.

I suppose the most common conflict is with CSS styles between 2 extensions whether they are templates components or modules. Usually this is from poor/generic naming choice and can usually be resolved.

The other conflic that can & does happen is with javascript libraries. Two components trying to use say... two different mootool libraries could nagatively impact eachother is being loaded on the same page. Again, can often be resolved and not all that common; I dont have a list of which are incompatible with which.

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.
My Opensource CB Plugins: Mutual Connections and MYCB Cookie available here

14 years 5 months ago #116764 by corbin1
ok, thank you !

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.559 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn