[SOLVED] wrong domain being sent in confirm email

13 years 8 months ago #138225 by mlewis
Hello-
When our confirm emails go out to a user, the domain in the comfirm URL is a different domain name than the one that should be used. I think we had installed CBSubs on this other domain at one point as our test server and now it must be stuck somewhere.

I've checked the global settings on Joomla and looked through CB and CBSubs, but all I can see is that the licensing accepts that this domain is okay.

So, when the email goes out to a user signing up for a trial on "agsdomain.com" everything appears to be from that domain, except in the body part of the message where the [CONFIRM] code sticks in the custom URL for that user. Instead they get the URL with
"dailydomain.com" which doesn't work.

Also, on the end of the message it says:
NOTE: This email was automatically generated from www.agsdomain.com (www.dailydomain.com).

We've tried searching through the database and looked in language files, but we're stumped.

Here's the info from our licensing file from today:
2010-07-19 18:34:12 SID-XXX-XXX-X13/957-111 www.agsdomain.com 1.0.3
respected

2010-07-19 06:42:31 SID-XXX-XXX-X13/B26-09B www.dailydomain.com|*|agsdomain.com|*|www.agsdomain.com 1.0.3
respected
Thanks for your help!
-Mike

Post edited by: mlewis, at: 2010/07/19 19:37

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/07/20 17:53

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #138240 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:wrong domain being sent in confirm email
Please check that $live_site is '' (blank) within your configuration.php. The livesite is dynamically generated and the log file shouldn't have any affect such as that on your emails.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #138247 by mlewis
Replied by mlewis on topic Re:wrong domain being sent in confirm email
Yes, it is indeed blank.

var $live_site = '';

13 years 8 months ago #138252 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:wrong domain being sent in confirm email
mlewis wrote:

Yes, it is indeed blank.

var $live_site = '';

When you say confirmation email do you mean the CB registration confirmation email? Have you reviewed the language string responsible for the footer of the email to ensure it is properly set? Please see the following location.

IN: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/default_language/default_language.php
ON: Line 414
[code:1]
DEFINE('_UE_EMAILFOOTER','NOTE: This email was automatically generated from %s (%s).');
[/code:1]

Have reviewed the source and the URL appended is from the API $_CB_framework->getCfg( 'live_site' ). If your live_site is coming out wrong in the email then it would EVERYWHERE. So this could very well be a caching issue. Please remove all Joomla cache and disable caching if possible and try again.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #138258 by mlewis
That did the trick. Purged the cache and then left it off and resent the message and got the correct domain. What a relief!

Thanks for the quick and excellent troubleshooting!
-Mike

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn