[SOLVED] Field password cutsom validation fails

13 years 10 months ago #135696 by netzagentin
I try to set a custom regex to validate the field password at user management. I tried several regex but have allways the same problem. Valid passwords return the error message of the cb field password.

I'd like to validate the password as following:

min 6 Char AND min 1 lowercase Letter AND min 1 uppercase Letter AND 1 digit.

I tried this regex:

/^(?=.*\d)(?=.*[a-z])(?=.*[A-Z])$/

As I searched in forums I could not find an answer to the problem but it seemed to be one in the past.

I would be pleased of any help. Thanks a lot.

I use cb 1.2.2 and SBSubs and am a Doc subscriber and SBSubs subscriber

netzagentin

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/08/04 16:34

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #135782 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Field password cutsom validation fails
Please try the following.

[code:1]
/\A(?=[-_a-zA-Z0-9]*?[A-Z])(?=[-_a-zA-Z0-9]*?[a-z])(?=[-_a-zA-Z0-9]*?[0-9])[-_a-zA-Z0-9]{6,}\z/
[/code:1]

The above will perform the following.

Tests if the input consists of 6 or more letters, digits, underscores and hyphens.
The input must contain at least one upper case letter, one lower case letter and one digit.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #135858 by netzagentin
Replied by netzagentin on topic Re:Field password cutsom validation fails
Hi krileon

thanks for your fast answer.

I tried your regex but got the same failure.

f.e. I tried to set a new password Q12wer and got the errormessage. But this password should be accepted. I tried it as a member on frontend and as superadmin in backend

As I have seen there is the second option in the drop down at authorized input which offers a regex like 'at least 6 chars, 1 a-z, 1A-Z, 1 0-9, 1 special

I just need this regex without the part 1 special.
So maybe it is possible to set this regex in core? And which file is it?

First I like to test again the custom regex. Maybe the one which is set in the second line? Could you give me the code of it?

Is there a dependency on some settings? Or do I need to change something in general joomla config?

regards Netzagentin

13 years 10 months ago #136039 by krileon

So maybe it is possible to set this regex in core? And which file is it?

/^(?=.*\d)(?=.*(\W|_))(?=.*[a-z])(?=.*[A-Z]).{6,255}$/
The above is the exact regex used by that parameter. Sorry don't know what further to advise. I recommend reviewing the regex resources found here .

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #136052 by netzagentin
Replied by netzagentin on topic Re:Field password cutsom validation fails
Hi Krileon

I choosed the second possibility to test the validation.

But it also don't work. The validation only works with the first one: any string (/*.*/)

So I think it is not the regex, but some other issue.

The second thing is that I got a warning when change the parameter of the field entry validation dropdown. This is new. The first time I tried to set a custom regex, I got no such messages.

The message was:

moscomprofilerFields::store failed: CBSQLupgrader::createTableof Table jos_users failed with SQL error: Table 'jos_users' already exists SQL=CREATE TABLE `jos_users` (\n `password` varchar(100) NOT NULL DEFAULT ''\n ) ENGINE=MyISAM Table 'jos_users' already exists SQL=CREATE TABLE `jos_users` (\n `password` varchar(100) NOT NULL DEFAULT ''\n ) ENGINE=MyISAM

Even when I press 'ok' the settings seemed to be changed. With the original setting 'any string' now I can change the password to any 6 char string.

Do you have any idea what the problem in my case is?

If you need access to the joomla installation I will pm it to you.

Thanks for your help.

netzagentin

13 years 9 months ago #136185 by krileon
Never seen such an error. It's possible you've a bad installation. Did you upgrade to CB 1.2.2 or was it a fresh install? Please run CB Tools to ensure there are no errors and if they're fixable by CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn