Captcha image there but no letters!

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #192401 by koengland
Replied by koengland on topic Re: Captcha image there but no letters!
I couldn't get this working, and it stopped working on another site it was installed on and had been working fine on! Everything was installed and enabled as it should have been with no server alterations having taken place to cause anything to stop working.

Having no luck, I found an alternative plugin that may be of interest to anyone else experiencing this issue: www.shikle.com/cbrecaptcha.htm

Hope it helps!

Kate.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #192626 by Riba
Replied by Riba on topic Re: Captcha image there but no letters!
Thanks Kate for the excellent tip. this plugin does work perfectly, the only problem being that it doesn't support older CB version. I guess this is something for the CB team to check on.

12 years 1 month ago #192628 by Riba
Hello nant - here is the requested attachment. The script I used was just some random script that I googled out to test if Freetype works, but now we have even better example: CBrecaptcha plugin works just fine. I see no errors in PHP log or web server logs. I guess I'll check what is the difference between CBcaptcha and recaptcha plugins where the image gets generated.

Attachments:

12 years 1 month ago #192666 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Captcha image there but no letters!
weird - my guess is that there is something wrong with the libraries on your hosting environment that is causing this.

Please note that different captcha processes use different functions from the libraries, so 2 scripts might appear to act differently with library.

Ask your host to help you check any error logs and ask them if libraries (GD, freetype) have been updated lately on your enviornment.

12 years 1 month ago #192668 by Riba
You are probably right. The host is dedicated and we are maintaining it ourselves, and yes, this got triggered after a number of packages got updated. Maybe it would help if I check what was upgraded to what?

12 years 1 month ago #192708 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Captcha image there but no letters!

Riba wrote: You are probably right. The host is dedicated and we are maintaining it ourselves, and yes, this got triggered after a number of packages got updated. Maybe it would help if I check what was upgraded to what?

GD library and freetype are the items you need to check.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn