I will PAY for this specific Groupjive Photo Functions, and share the result to the community.

11 years 1 month ago #221699 by nopersonalive
Hello people,

Im looking for a new version of the groupjive PHOTO plugin. I've been given $500 USD budget TOPS To be paid via paypal.

1. Rating on each of the photos listed on the PHOTO tab. Rating should be stored on a database. Rating should only be posted once per photo, per user.
  2. Commenting on each photo: Comments should be stored on a database. The comments should show when you see the image in the lightbox. We want to be able to delete comments on frontend for moderators only.
  3. Organizing photos in albums from the PHOTO tab: let the moderators create folders, create embedded folders, and upload files. Also, let the registered users of the group navigate the folders, and choose to which folder upload their image on the upload form. Registered users should not be able to create folders. Folder renaming is necesary and permissions need to be edited on Joomla! backend.
  4. We need users to be able to upload as much images as they want at once! In this step, we want to implement www.filepicker.io It needs to generate a thumbnail size (for list view), a large image (for web view) and a full resolution image (for download). Sizes of the images should be set on the backend of the plugin management. A "download full res/ web version" button should exist for moderators up.

Everything has to be installed via the community builder plugin installation, to be disabled and enabled whenever we want. Please, ask your questions and share your ideas with me.

Again, I have been given a $500 USD budget TOPS. To be paid.

This work will be given for free to the world, and credit will be given to the developer.

Let me know if you have any other questions or ideas, i'd love to hear them.

Im attaching a PDF with sketches.

This work will be developed to the photography school LA FOTOTECA (WWW.LAFOTOTECA.ORG)
The following user(s) said Thank You: N6REJ

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 1 month ago #221707 by krileon

Rating on each of the photos listed on the PHOTO tab. Rating should be stored on a database. Rating should only be posted once per photo, per user.

This should be fairly easy to add as you could use a template override to handle the display. Then triggers to handle the storage.

Commenting on each photo: Comments should be stored on a database. The comments should show when you see the image in the lightbox. We want to be able to delete comments on frontend for moderators only.

Can probably use a 3rd party commenting extension to handle this for quick implementation. A template override could be used to add whatever code the commenting extension needed.

Organizing photos in albums from the PHOTO tab: let the moderators create folders, create embedded folders, and upload files. Also, let the registered users of the group navigate the folders, and choose to which folder upload their image on the upload form. Registered users should not be able to create folders. Folder renaming is necesary and permissions need to be edited on Joomla! backend.

This is a massive massive change. This would require a complete rewrite to the upload handling, frontend display, new backend display, and storage.

We need users to be able to upload as much images as they want at once! In this step, we want to implement www.filepicker.io It needs to generate a thumbnail size (for list view), a large image (for web view) and a full resolution image (for download). Sizes of the images should be set on the backend of the plugin management. A "download full res/ web version" button should exist for moderators up.

This maybe a bit more doable by extending the edit usage to have more upload inputs and during save to loop the inputs like kind of what is done with the Invites feature when sending to multiple users.

Some of this is planned after CB 2.0 like commenting, folders, and better uploading capabilities, but that isn't until after CB 2.0 releases so there is no timeframe available.

I suggest posting your request to sites like joomlancers or freelancers to see if someone can bid on your project, but for 3 you likely will need to increase your budget.

Maybe a better approach is to simply use a 3rd party Photo extension and simply link to it and maybe use CB Auto Actions to create categories in it automatically when creating a Group. Then use the 3rd party Photo extension to handle all this as many of them already have the features you want.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 1 month ago #221903 by nopersonalive
Thank you Krileon for taking the time to answer.

I will search for a commenting and a rating plugin to implement with the template override. I am anxious to see CB 2.0 come and bring the functions that we're looking for!

I am in contact with a team of international developers, maybe they can provide a temporary solution that we can share.

Thanks again.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn