real direction dont display into Event

10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #228202 by ver
Replied by ver on topic real direction dont display into Event
Thank you Kyle.

Of course i try using " Valid address "

I dont have any problem if i use the same address in google maps.

The problem on my GJ is with any address. ANY :(

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 10 months ago #228206 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic real direction dont display into Event
Please provide the full address you're trying to use (you can PM it if you don't want it public here) and will see why it won't get the location for it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 10 months ago #228222 by ver
Ok, sending PM

10 years 10 months ago #228273 by krileon
Have tried the address you supplied and it works perfectly fine in all my tests. Please see the below of it working.

Clickable location:

Map popup:

It uses an HTTP request on Event save to to Google to try and grab the location object for latitude and longitude. Perhaps for whatever reason the HTTP request does not work on your host? To debug the HTTP request you'll need to navigate to the below file.

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/plugins/cbgroupjiveevents/cbgroupjiveevents.php

Once open locate the saveEvent function and within it look for if ( ! $snoopy->error ) { and just before that add var_dump( $snoopy ); and attempt to save an Event and review the response information.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

10 years 10 months ago #228291 by ver
Thank you Kyle, but dont have any change adding: var_dump( $snoopy ); before ( ! $snoopy->error ) {

Cant see any maps! :ohmy:

Maybe happen because my site use HTTPS ??

I dont know what going on with the maps. :(

Could you give me some suggestions to make it work ?

Thanks in advance.

10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #228352 by krileon
I don't know what to tell you. It's a simple HTTP call to Googles API. If it's not working then you've something on your host preventing the HTTP call from working perhaps (firewall maybe? functions used by CBs Snoopy library disabled?).

You can try navigating to Googles API response directly using the below URL structure and see what Google responds.
https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/geocode/json?address=URL_ENCODED_ADDRESS_HERE&sensor=false

Don't forget to urlencode the address first (plenty of online tools can do this for you).

The entire exchange is handled within the Event integration on lines 892 and 914. You need to ensure a Location and Address are supplied when creating the event.

If you get a response using the direct URL method above then there's no reason for it not to work in GJ. If you do get a response please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn