Associate files to images

13 years 11 months ago #131446 by carina
Associate files to images was created by carina
Hi,

The usual doc, xls and ppt are for example associated to pgtn_docitem, pgtn_pptitem and pgtn_xlxitem.

How can I associate the newer docx, xlsx, pptx to the same?

I guess, when I know that, I can also include images to associate files like odt, ods and odp as well. (Open Source forever B) ) ?

Thanks,

C.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #131451 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Associate files to images
You would need to duplicate the images located in your components -> com_comprofiler -> plugins -> users -> plug_cbprofilegalley -> images folder

and appropriately rename the new images.

They would be picked up automatically i believe.

13 years 11 months ago #131460 by carina
Replied by carina on topic Re:Associate files to images
Hi again,

That works, thanks.

However, it is not possible to view docx, pptx, xlsx or the Open Office files.

Is there something that can be done so that that also works?

Thanks,

C.

13 years 6 months ago #143945 by maltaha
Replied by maltaha on topic Re:Associate files to images
I have added the profile gallery and set it for documents. I have docx,xlsx added to the allowed file extensions. Problem I have Is that when someone clicks it, it shows gibberish, not a nice save file box. How do I solve this problem? :whistle: What am i doing wrong? Thank You

13 years 6 months ago #143978 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Associate files to images
It's very basic in that it just invokes an open action by linking to the file directly. It will not open a save action for different file types. Users will need to open the file then save from their browser or simply right click and perform a save as. Alternative is to edit the source and figure out how to send the file as a download.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.606 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn