How to populate a CB Field with a Country List

15 years 2 months ago #84131 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Country list - Can't it be more easier?
I found something that makes this looks absolutely simple... to someone like me that has no idea whether it is or not. Anyway, I'm hoping someone that has more experience will check it out and maybe take on the task of converting this to a CB 1.2 plugin.
:P

There's a download link and discussion below the demo. The download is free. I think this would be absolutely fabulous! Can't we just change field names and post method as is described in the download? I need someone to show me hands on how to do a plugin.
:pinch:

Anyway, here it is: Country/State Dropdown

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #84280 by kerubinus
Virtuemart have implemented this option in it's own registration form... may be it's possible to import it, it's ready, all countryes and stares listed and work fine...

15 years 2 months ago #85467 by scanhead25
Replied by scanhead25 on topic Re:Country list - Can't it be more easier?
It could be delicate to create a plugin for this, because it involves the database, and we all know that we dont have the same values to these fieldnames fieldvalueid and fieldid of our jos_comprofiler_field_values table. Thus explains that you have to go to the PHPMyadmin and do it manually. Anyways is not that difficult to do.

I have here an excel copy of the country list, it will be easy for you to change the fieldvaluedId and fieldid.

It is already set in different columns.

:cheer:

Attachment countrieslist.zip not found

Post edited by: scanhead25, at: 2009/01/15 11:13

Post edited by: scanhead25, at: 2009/01/15 11:14
Attachments:

15 years 2 months ago #85478 by scanhead25
Replied by scanhead25 on topic Re:Country list - Can't it be more easier?
here is list for year...you may increase it if you want to...in excel

Attachment yearlist.zip not found

Attachments:

15 years 2 hours ago #93183 by iamalive
Hi
Having looked through a lot of posts here, I still don't see what I need:

In a multilingual site, the country list also has to be multilingual. OK, I just have to define each country in the language files, but how do I ensure that they are sorted alphabetically per language. What is alphabetically in chinese anyway?

I'm veryopen to ideas here, folks.

Regards

Post edited by: iamalive, at: 2009/03/28 16:01

14 years 11 months ago #93207 by unknonw
Referring to this I thought that could be possible to add the country`s flag in front of it...

I'm not so good at programming it, modifying in the code but if anybody could help me it could be wonderful

Thanks ;)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.384 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn