I can translate Cb 1.2 to spanish

15 years 2 months ago #86972 by cossimo
I can translate Cb 1.2 to spanish was created by cossimo
I translated most of cb 1.1 files to Spanish some months ago and, as version 1.2 is now free, I could translate it to Spanish because I had a lot of problems in my website with cb because my language has written accents.

Now I'd like to upgrade to 1.2 and think that my translation could be useful to Spanish users.

It is a hard job and I probably need some help about files to be translated. Are some translated old files still useful?

I'm a teacher and have built this non profit web site to help Spanish teachers with ressources, exercices, activities dealing with Spanish language in public schools.

Sorry, but I realised there is already a translation.

Greetings
:cheer:

Post edited by: cossimo, at: 2009/01/28 16:21

Post edited by: cossimo, at: 2009/02/06 11:08

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #86978 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:I can translate Cb 1.2 to spanish
Compare each language file side by side and you should see the new language strings. You shouldn't have to redo the entire language file as many many strings are left untouched.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 2 months ago #87354 by juanma74
Replied by juanma74 on topic Re:I can translate Cb 1.2 to spanish
Hello Hey, I can help you. I've used joomla a long time and now want to use CB. Write an email to pequenoxan(arrroba)gmail.com and we talked.

I am teacher too ;)

I like your page.

15 years 2 months ago #87380 by cossimo
Replied by cossimo on topic Re:I can translate Cb 1.2 to spanish
I have replied to you by email.

15 years 2 months ago #87381 by cossimo
Replied by cossimo on topic Re:I can translate Cb 1.2 to spanish
Thanks, if I remember well, I translated default_language.php in language/plugins and copy and paste another file into /spanish and namend it spanish.php. So I should keep these files and compare with th new ones, I suppose..
I had a lot of problems as usual with accents, etc...
In version 1.1 I cant go to different menbers pages in the backend and my website is growing, so I need to update or find another solution.

Post edited by: cossimo, at: 2009/01/31 17:51

Post edited by: cossimo, at: 2009/01/31 17:54

15 years 2 months ago #87395 by nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.739 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn