Mass Mailing CB Lists - URGENT

17 years 5 months ago #22941 by acijanos
Mass Mailing CB Lists - URGENT was created by acijanos
Hi everyone,
Thank you for an excellent component.

I am doing a website for a graduate student union, and we are about to go on strike/lockout.

I need the ability to mass mail (newsletter) Community Builder lists - and I need it fast.

Community Builder offers us a lot in that in can create lists using the custom fields we need (year in university, etc).

If we can send mass mail to those lists, it would be a huge help.

I've looked through the forums for hours, and the closest thing I could find was this hack:
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,2140/catid,13/limit,6/limitstart,0/

which doesn't work. I've tried 5 different newsletter components without luck - nothing seems to be able to choose a CB list as a mass mail recipient list.

Can anyone help me with this? It is urgent, and I can offer some $ in return.

Thanks,

Janos
email : noirize@yahoo.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 5 months ago #22942 by ysva
Replied by ysva on topic Re:Mass Mailing CB Lists - URGENT
that's a hard one
if I understand this correctly you want to mail ONLY the members in a specific cb list, but NOT all the members

no clue how to do that, better wait for the CB guru's to respond

17 years 5 months ago #22943 by acijanos
Replied by acijanos on topic Re:Mass Mailing CB Lists - URGENT

if I understand this correctly you want to mail ONLY the members in a specific cb list, but NOT all the members

Yes, that's correct. I'd like to be able to mass email lists I've created from the general membership of the site.

You know, one advantage of developing this feature (as integrated into Joomla or a newsletter component) - is that it would give CB some hedgeway into the customer/client/constituent management tools area (stuff like civicrm).

For people like me, community groups, small ngo's, etc - it would be really good.

Post edited by: acijanos, at: 2006/10/20 22:28

17 years 5 months ago #22966 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Mass Mailing CB Lists - URGENT
I have some code that might be fo use for you. Unfortunately I cannot release it as open source, but if you PM me the requirements and your offer, and the schedule that you have, then we can see what I could do.

mikko

17 years 5 months ago #23006 by acijanos
Replied by acijanos on topic Re:Mass Mailing CB Lists - URGENT
Hi Mikko,
Thanks for the reply.

We don't have much $ (we are all about to be locked out of our jobs) - but I can offer some if the union approves the expenditure.

I need to know though, why the code can't be offered as open-source? Open source code that could work with the component would increase the value to (me) substantially - I could offer more $ then, probably.

Thanks

Post edited by: acijanos, at: 2006/10/22 17:48

Post edited by: acijanos, at: 2006/10/22 21:44

17 years 5 months ago #23014 by pcgs
Replied by pcgs on topic Re:Mass Mailing CB Lists - URGENT
I have tried using both CbMailing and Mass Mail with no luck. I too need to be able to send mass emails to different lists in my community. I thought that Cb Mailing would let me do this. At this point, I would settle to be able to send mass mailings to everyone in my community, but I can't even do that. My site seems to work correctly in all other regards. I have posted elsewhere in this forum with no responses.

I would like to be able to do ANY of the following:
  1. Send mass mail to CB lists I've created
  2. Send mass mail to all my registered users of my community
  3. Export the addresses in my community so I can use a bulk mailer.

I am using: CB 1.01, Joomla 1.0.10

I hope someone out there can help me. Thanks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn